If this is a novel concept to you please READ ON
Do any of the following sound familiar:
You have had blood work done but only got a phone call or a letter stating your results are normal. -You still have symptoms but because your results are within the laboratory ranges, you are considered healthy. You end up living with your symptoms without relief. -You are often told that your symptoms are insignificant and are just in your head!
- Doctors are trained to treat a disease once it has been developed. This is done based on the diagnostic criteria that have been established in the medical community for every disease. If you don't meet these criteria, you simply cannot be diagnosed and therefore, there is no standard medical treatment for you.
Lab work is based on "pathological ranges" developed according to our current and often very sick population. These very wide ranges are meant to diagnose a disease which is advanced enough to be recognized based on established diagnostic criteria. Hence, many abnormalities are not caught based on these ranges. A good example of a condition which is often under-diagnosed, based on the current pathological ranges, is hypothyroidism.
HOW ABOUT A NEW PARADIGM
What if the lab ranges were based on normal population rather than sick people?! This creates a much tighter range of numbers known as the Functional Ranges. A number that falls outside of the functional range does not indicate a disease but an imbalance within the normal functioning of the organs, much of which is due to nutritional imbalances.
The Blood Nutrition Analysis is the single most effective, efficient and inexpensive test which provides a vast array of information about major body functions.
Health problems can be prevented and managed with early detection
Benefits of Blood Nutritional Analysis
- Prevent and eliminate diseases through early detection.
- Learn the value of nutritional supplements and lifestyle modifications that will positively affect your physiology and address your metabolic needs. Further, knowing what your deficiencies are will eliminate the expense of purchasing the supplement of the week. You don't need to carry a grocery bag full of supplements with you, everywhere you go.
- Knowing your current metabolic needs will establish where you are on the spectrum of health. Know how your body is functioning now and note changes by having repeat testing as needed. This will allow you to track improvement once you implement the nutritional and lifestyle modifications recommended by us.
Information Obtained from the Blood Nutritional Analysis
Insulin/ Glucose Regulation – This is the foundation of health. Imbalance in this area can lead to Insulin Resistance, Hypoglycemia, Diabetes, imbalance of other hormones, weight gain, mental fogginess, fatigue, depression and a myriad of other health issues.
- Thyroid Function — The most under-diagnosed condition in the United States. Often times the lab work done are normal. However, there are other more comprehensive tests available and should be ordered anytime someone presents with signs and symptoms of low thyroid function. Our panel called MAX NUTRI-SCREEN will perform a comprehensive analysis of the thyroid gland function.
- Vitamin and Mineral Status — Our Blood Nutritional Analysis will specifically look at iron, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin D and electrolytes such as Sodium, Potassium and Chloride.
- Stomach Acid Production – Food does not get broken down properly and nutrients are not absorbed when there is alteration in stomach acid production. Short supply of stomach acid will lend to an environment suited for an H. Pylori infection, leading to stomach and duodenal ulcer. Markers in the blood can signal this infection as well as issues with stomach acid production.
- Immune Status — Often the body is combating a mild chronic infection which alters the overall immune status making a person susceptible to other infections and diseases. Occasionally a person has a parasitic infection, most often found in the gastrointestinal tract, disturbing digestion and creating discomfort.
- Blood Disorders — Many people suffer from a mild anemia or may have other more serious blood disorders that they are not aware of. Patients with anemia don't get enough oxygen, the main nutrient for cellular functioning, to their cells. This results in a reduced metabolic rate and a slew of other accompanying issues such as extreme fatigue and sluggishness.
- Adrenal Gland Function – These are the master endocrine glands in the body. They are two almond sized glands located atop the kidneys. They produce many hormones; the most important being cortisol. Cortisol is involved in weight maintenance, inflammation, pain, sleep, and overall metabolism, to name a few. Their function is, therefore, paramount to health. A taxed adrenal gland leads to hormonal imbalance of all types.
- Liver and Gallbladder Function — Looks at early stages of gallstones, biliary stasis, fatty liver and liver congestion. Liver is the master detoxification organ in the body and as such plays an important role in ridding the body of internal and external toxins.
Renal Dysfunction – Determines if the kidneys are appropriately filtering and keeping the electrolytes in check.Cholesterol and Triglyceride Status — These tests provide information as to the health of the liver, hormonal status, cardiovascular status and the current diet and lifestyle of a person.
In addition to analysis of the individual tests (biomarkers), the combination of the different tests will reveal clues to other possible health imbalances. This can only be done through a comprehensive examination of the total picture.
NOTE: As we do not subscribe to the disease model, when lab results fall within the patterns of a functional imbalance, we will recommend nutritional strategies that optimize well-being and subsequently prevent disease. Keep in mind that disease management is part of your face-to-face healthcare achieved at your physician's office. While this blood work is very thorough, occasionally further testing may be required for a correct analysis. This will incur additional charges that are not included in the above mentioned fees.